We offer classes in all areas of sewing at A Common Thread.
Project Linus Blanketeers have made thousands of quilts for local hospitals in our classroom.
Friendships grow and flourish in our creative classroom!
A Common Thread's Class Policies
Welcome to the world of creative sewing at A Common Thread! We have a beautiful classroom equipped with adjustable chairs, ergonomic tables, and lots of wonderful natural light. To make our classes as enjoyable as possible, please read and follow these easy class policies.
Class Registration & Payment
- The class fee must be collected when you sign up to guarantee your seat in class.
- You may reserve one of our classroom sewing machines for your class; ask a staff member when you register.
- You will receive a copy of your class supply list when you sign up, or locate it in the class listing here on our website.
- Check your class supply list well before class and assemble the materials required for your success. Our staff is happy to help you.
- Each student must have a legal copy of the class pattern or book to participate. Absolutely no photocopies or sharing of books or patterns is allowed in class to eliminate violations of federal copyright laws.
- Your supply list may call for Basic Supplies. If not otherwise specified on the supply list, Basic Supplies typically include:
- Sewing machine in good working order
- Sewing machine cords
- Sewing machine manual
- Sewing machine bobbins & accessories
- Quality sewing thread
- Medium size rotary mat
- Rotary cutter with a sharp blade
- Seam ripper
- Small scissors
- If you must cancel, allow one week full notice. We will be happy to apply the amount to another class or as a full store credit.
- We make a commitment to our teachers and ask your commitment in return. Teachers spend a lot of time preparing for you classes, therefore we are unable to cancel and credit classes with less than one week notice for any reason.
- If you sign up less than 7 days before the class begins, no refund will be given for any reason.
- A minimum of 3 students are required for most classes; the minimum may be higher on other classes. If the required minimum is not met, the class may be cancelled and you will receive a refund of your class fee.
- A Common Thread reserves the right to cancel a class for any reason. If we must cancel, you will receive a full refund of your class fee.
And of course, Common Courtesies
- Arrive on time and ready to learn with materials and supplies prepared for class.
- Turn off your cell phone, pager or other electronic devices. If you must make a call please leave the room to do so.
- Children may only attend classes specified for children. No adults in the kid's classes.
- Don’t talk while your instructor is teaching!
- Many people are allergic to fragrance. Please don’t wear perfume to class.
- Leave promptly to accommodate the next class, unless your instructor announces that extra time is available.
- Leave your work area clean, so the next student can enjoy class.